Monday, August 25, 2014

Giving up a dream.............

Today I abandoned my dream of the past 7+ years.

After working 16 hour days for the past week I finally had a 'talk with myself'.  I often do this when I can not figure out why I am angry, unhappy or even 'disconnected'.

After fighting with myself to accept the answer, I gave up my dream.

At once the self inflicted pressure I had been under disappeared! 

Now I have a much smaller plan, a smaller goal but sill a DREAM.
Managing expectations made working toward the smaller goal much easier.

I have trimmed my 2 month trip by a week so I could at least book a few room reservations.
I have reduced my number of proposed 'interviews' to 2 or 3 instead of a dozen.
And I shall stay longer in one place so I am not constantly racing to a train station or an airport.


Although I had to give up my dream to travel by freighter, I shall try take an overnight ferry to Sicily.  I have read the sunrise over Palermo is not to be missed.

I may not interview the oldest woman lace maker in Burano but I shall try to eat for 10 euros at the new food 'court' in the market centrale in Firenze.

My dreams will not all be met but I should enjoy the ride far more.

No comments:

Post a Comment