Tuesday, August 26, 2014

London: Market Jewelry Designer


Annette Jones Jewelry         www.annettejones.co.uk
St Martins Piccadilly market
 

When in London I try to visit the markets held most days, throughout London.  Covent Gardens is usually the first market I visit.    There are yearly changes at the market, but often the same vendors are there for each of my visits.  Of course they do not remember me, but I recall anyone who takes the time to have a conversation.  Meeting someone who lives and works in the town or city you vist, far exceeds an endless experience of visiting museums. 

When I stopped to admire the antique jewelry at a booth I had visited before, I chatted with the owner Annette Jones.   This was 'one of those days'.  We all have them.  But I really liked her                positive attitude even in a 'down day',  so I offered her one of my Ben's Cookies.             http://maturesolotravel.blogspot.com/2013/05/8000-miles-for-cookie.html     

Some of the BEST cookies baked fresh I have tried and will cheer up most people.
Annette agreed to a short interview at her market stop on Tuesday.



There are hundreds and hundreds of pins, necklaces, rings in all colors and styles.  It takes hours to set up the booth!    Customers appreciate the pieces being arranged in an attractive and organized manner.   This is not a jumble sale, Annette's pieces are often original designs and/or reworked pieces.






In addition to her artistic talents Annette breed Bengal cats, a beautiful animal.  Take a look at hamsteadbenagl.com  and visit Annette on your next trip to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment